(Tru-Life) Operation Repo - Great show, LOL

Any Discussion not applicable to the other Forums. Jokes & humor, or anything off topic, not related to Callaway vehicle discussions.
Digspeed
8-PSI
8-PSI

Re: (Tru-Life) Operation Repo - Great show, LOL

Post by Digspeed »

legend!

Justin Bieber
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Page semi-protected
"Bieber" redirects here. For other uses, see Bieber (disambiguation).
Justin Bieber
Believe Tour 7, 2012.jpg
Bieber on Believe Tour in July 2012
Background information
Birth name Justin Drew Bieber
Born March 1, 1994 (age 19)
London, Ontario, Canada
Origin Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Genres Pop, R&B, teen pop[1][2][3]
Occupations Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, actor, dancer, investor
Instruments Vocals, guitar, piano, drums,[4]
Years active 2008–present
Labels Island, Teen Island, RBMG, School Boy
Justin Bieber Signature

Justin Drew Bieber (/ˈbiːbər/; born March 1, 1994)[5][6] is a Canadian pop musician, actor, and singer-songwriter.[1][3] Bieber was discovered in 2008 by American talent manager Scooter Braun,[7] who came across Bieber's videos on YouTube and later became his manager. Braun arranged for him to meet with entertainer Usher Raymond in Atlanta, Georgia. Bieber was signed to Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG),[8] and then to an Island Records recording contract offered by record executive L.A. Reid.[4][9]

His debut extended play, the seven-track My World, was released in November 2009, and was certified platinum in the United States. He became the first artist to have seven songs from a debut record to chart on the Billboard Hot 100.[10] Bieber's first full-length studio album, My World 2.0, was released in March 2010. It debuted at or near number-one in several countries and was certified platinum in the United States. It was preceded by the single "Baby". He followed up the release of his debut album with his first headlining tour, the My World Tour, the remix albums My Worlds Acoustic and Never Say Never – The Remixes, and the 3D biopic-concert film Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. Bieber released his second studio album Under the Mistletoe in November 2011, when it debuted at number-one on the Billboard 200. Bieber released his third studio album Believe on June 19, 2012, and it became his fourth chart topper in the United States, debuting at number-one on the Billboard 200.

Bieber has received numerous awards, including both Artist of the Year Awards, at the 2010 American Music Awards, and the 2012 American Music Awards, and was nominated for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album at the 53rd Grammy Awards. With a global fan base, termed as "Beliebers", and over 40 million followers on Twitter, he was named by Forbes magazine in 2012 as the third-most powerful celebrity in the world.[11] He had earned an estimated US$55 million in the previous 12 months. As of May 2012, Bieber had sold 15 million albums.[12]

Contents

1 Early life
2 Career
2.1 2008–10: career beginnings and My World
2.2 2010–11: My World 2.0, Never Say Never, and Under the Mistletoe
2.3 2012–present: Believe, Journals and Justin Bieber's Believe
3 Style, image and fans
4 Personal life
5 Other ventures
5.1 Endorsements
5.2 Philanthropy
6 Twitter
7 Discography
8 Tours
9 Filmography
9.1 Film and television
9.2 Guest appearances
10 Awards
11 See also
12 References
13 Further reading
14 External links

Early life

Justin Drew Bieber was born on March 1, 1994, in London, Ontario, at St Joseph's Hospital,[13][14] and was raised in Stratford, Ontario.[15] He is the son of Jeremy Jack Bieber and Patricia "Pattie" Mallette. Bieber's mother was 17 years old when she became pregnant. His parents were never married, but maintain a close friendship and common goals regarding their son's personal and professional life. Mallette raised her son with the help of her mother, Diane, and stepfather, Bruce.[16] In September 2012, Mallette's memoirs, titled Nowhere but Up, were published. The book tells of her early life and her work with her son to pursue a career in the music industry. In her book, as well as in an interview with the Today show, Mallette talked about how everyone around her tried to push her toward abortion, and how she refused to abort her baby.[17] Mallette worked a series of low-paying office jobs, raising Bieber as a single mother in low-income housing. Bieber has maintained contact with his father, who married another woman and had two children.[18][19]

Bieber's paternal great-grandfather was German, and his father's other ancestry is English and Irish.[20][21] Bieber's mother is French Canadian.[22][23] He has stated that he believes that he has some undetermined Aboriginal Canadian ancestry.[24] He attended a French-language immersion elementary school in Stratford, the Jeanne Sauvé Catholic School.[16]

Interested in hockey, soccer, and chess, he kept his musical aspirations to himself.[18] As he grew up, Bieber taught himself to play the piano, drums, guitar, and trumpet.[15][25] In early 2007, aged 12, Bieber sang Ne-Yo's "So Sick" for a local singing competition in Stratford and was placed second.[25][26] Mallette posted a video of the performance on YouTube for their family and friends to see. She continued to upload videos of Bieber singing covers of various R&B songs, and Bieber's popularity on the site grew.[9]
Career
2008–10: career beginnings and My World

While searching for videos of a different singer, Scooter Braun, a former marketing executive of So So Def, clicked on one of Bieber's 2007 videos by accident. Impressed, Braun tracked down the theater Bieber was performing in, located Bieber's school, and finally contacted Mallette, who was reluctant because of Braun's Jewish religion; she remembered praying, "God, I gave him to you. You could send me a Christian man, a Christian label!" and "God, you don’t want this Jewish kid to be Justin’s man, do you?"[18] However, after praying with her church elders and receiving their encouragement, she permitted Braun to fly Bieber, then 13,[9] to Atlanta, Georgia, to record demo tapes.[18] A week after arriving, Bieber sang for R&B singer/songwriter Usher.[27]

Bieber was soon signed to Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG), a joint venture between Braun and Usher.[8] Justin Timberlake was also reportedly in the running to sign Bieber, but lost the bidding war to Usher.[8][28] Usher then sought assistance in finding a label home for the artist from then manager Chris Hicks, who helped engineer an audition with his contact Antonio "L.A." Reid of The Island Def Jam Music Group.[29] Reid signed Bieber to Island Records in October 2008 (resulting in a joint venture between RBMG and Island Records) and appointed Hicks as executive Vice-President of Def Jam where he would be able to manage Bieber's career at the label.[4][8][9][29] At that point, Bieber and his mother moved to Atlanta temporarily, also the home of Usher and Braun, to record and get counseling from Braun.[8] Braun became Bieber's manager.[9]
Bieber with Teriy Keys in August 2009.

Bieber's first single, "One Time", was released to radio while Bieber was still recording his debut album.[30] The song reached number 12 on the Canadian Hot 100 during its first week of release in July 2009,[9] and later peaked at number 17 on the Billboard Hot 100. During fall 2009, it had success in international markets.[31] The song was certified Platinum in Canada and the US and Gold in Australia and New Zealand.[32][33][34] His first release, an extended play entitled My World, was released on November 17, 2009. The album's second single, "One Less Lonely Girl", and two promo singles, "Love Me", and "Favorite Girl", were released exclusively on the iTunes Store and charted within the top forty of the Billboard Hot 100.[31]

"One Less Lonely Girl" was later also released to radio and peaked within the top fifteen in Canada and the US, being certified Gold in the latter.[31] My World was eventually certified Platinum in the US and Double Platinum in both Canada and the UK.[35][36][37] To promote the album, Bieber performed on several live shows such as mtvU's VMA 09 Tour, European program The Dome, YTV's The Next Star, The Today Show,[38][39] The Wendy Williams Show, Lopez Tonight, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, It's On with Alexa Chung, Good Morning America, Chelsea Lately, and BET's 106 & Park with Rihanna. Bieber also guest starred in an episode of True Jackson, VP in late 2009.[40]

Bieber performed Stevie Wonder's "Someday at Christmas" for U.S. President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama at the White House for Christmas in Washington, which was broadcast on December 20, 2009, on US television broadcaster TNT.[41] Bieber was also one of the performers at Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest on December 31, 2009.[42] Bieber was a presenter at the 52nd Grammy Awards on January 31, 2010. He was invited to be a vocalist for the remake of "We Are the World" (a song written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie) for its 25th anniversary to benefit Haiti after the earthquake. Bieber sings the opening line, which was sung by Lionel Richie in the original version.[43]

On March 12, 2010, a version of K'naan's "Wavin' Flag" recorded by a collective of Canadian musicians known as Young Artists for Haiti was released. Bieber is featured in the song, performing the closing lines.[44]
2010–11: My World 2.0, Never Say Never, and Under the Mistletoe

"Baby", the lead single from his debut album, My World 2.0, which features Ludacris, was released in January 2010 and became an international hit. It charted at number five on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and reached the top ten in several international markets.[31] Two promo singles "Never Let You Go", and "U Smile" were top thirty hits on the U.S. Hot 100, and top twenty hits in Canada.[31] According to review aggregator Metacritic, the album has received "generally favorable reviews".[45] It debuted at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, making Bieber the youngest solo male act to top the chart since Stevie Wonder in 1963.[46] My World 2.0 also debuted at number one on the Canadian Albums Chart, Irish Albums Chart, Australian Albums Chart, and the New Zealand Albums Chart[31] and reached the top ten of fifteen other countries.[47][48]

To promote the album, Bieber appeared on several live programs including The View, the 2010 Kids Choice Awards, Nightline, Late Show with David Letterman, The Dome and 106 & Park.[49] Bieber collaborated with Sean Kingston on his single "Eenie Meenie" which also appeared on Bieber's debut album. The song reached the top ten in the United Kingdom and Australia, and the top-twenty of most other markets. On April 10, 2010, Bieber was the musical guest on Saturday Night Live.[50] On July 4, 2010, Bieber performed at the Macy's Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular in New York City.[51] The second single from My World 2.0, "Somebody to Love", was released in April 2010, and a remix was released featuring Bieber's mentor Usher. On June 23, 2010, Bieber went on his first official headlining tour, the My World Tour, starting in Hartford, Connecticut, to promote My World and My World 2.0.[52] In July 2010, it was reported that Bieber was the most searched for celebrity on the Internet.[53] That same month his music video, "Baby", surpassed Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" to become the most viewed, and most disliked YouTube video ever.[54] It remained the most viewed video until November 2012. In September 2010, it was reported that Bieber accounted for three percent of all traffic on Twitter, according to an employee of the social-networking site.[55]
Bieber performing in Jakarta during his My World Tour.

Bieber began recording his second album in July 2010 in New York City.[56] At this point, because of puberty, his voice was deeper than it was when he recorded his first album. In April 2010, the singer discussing his vocals remarked, "It cracks. Like every teenage boy, I'm dealing with it and I have the best vocal coach in the world. [...] Some of the notes I hit on "Baby" I can't hit anymore. We have to lower the key when I sing live."[57] Bieber guest-starred in the season premiere of the CBS crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which aired on September 23, 2010. He played a "troubled teen who is faced with a difficult decision regarding his only brother", who is also a serial bomber. Bieber was also in a subsequent episode which aired on February 17, 2011, in which his character is killed.[58] Bieber performed a medley of "U Smile", "Baby", and "Somebody to Love" and briefly played the drums at the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards on September 12, 2010.[59] Bieber announced in October 2010 that he would be releasing an acoustic album, called My Worlds Acoustic.[60] It was released on Black Friday in the United States and featured acoustic versions of songs from his previous albums, and accompanied the release of a completely new song titled "Pray".[61]

A 3-D part-biopic, part-concert film starring Bieber entitled Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, was released on February 11, 2011, directed by Step Up 3D director Jon Chu. It topped the box office with an estimated gross of $12.4 million on its opening day from 3,105 theaters.[62] It grossed $30.3 million for the weekend and was narrowly beaten by the romantic comedy Just Go with It, which grossed $31 million.[63] Never Say Never reportedly exceeded industry expectations, nearly matching the $31.1 million grossed by Miley Cyrus's 2008 3-D concert film, Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert, which holds the record for the top debut for a music-documentary.[64] Never Say Never grossed a total of $98,441,954 worldwide.[65] The film is accompanied by his second remix album, Never Say Never – The Remixes, released February 14, 2011, and features remixes of songs from his debut album, with guest appearances from Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, and Kanye West, among others.[66]

In June 2011, Bieber was ranked #2 on the Forbes list of Best-Paid Celebrities under 30. He is the youngest star, and 1 of 7 musicians on the list, having raked in $53 million in a 12-month period.[67] On November 1, 2011, Bieber released Under the Mistletoe, his second studio album. It debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200, selling 210,000 copies in its first week of release.[68]
2012–present: Believe, Journals and Justin Bieber's Believe
Bieber performing during his Believe Tour in October 2012.

In late 2011, Bieber began recording his third studio album, entitled Believe. On February 22, 2012, Bieber announced via Twitter that the first single off Believe would be released in March 2012.[69] The following week, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show to announce that the first single would be called "Boyfriend" and would be released on March 26, 2012.[70] The song was co-written by Mike Posner.[71] The song debuted at number two on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, selling a total of 521,000 digital units, the second-highest-ever debut digital sales week.[72] Bill Werde of Billboard noted that it failed to debut at number one because the digital download of the track was available only through iTunes Store, "restricting the buying option for those that do not frequent the Apple retail store."[73] "Boyfriend" became Bieber's first single ever to reach the top position on the Canadian Hot 100 by debuting at number one and staying on for one week.[72]

His third studio album, Believe was released on June 19, 2012, by Island Records. The album marks a musical departure from the teen pop sound of his previous releases, and incorporates elements of dance-pop and R&B genres. Intent on developing a more mature sound, Bieber collaborated with a wide range of urban producers for the release as well as some long-time collaborators, including Darkchild, Hit-Boy, Diplo and Max Martin. Entertainment Weekly praised Bieber's evolution, calling the album both a "reinvention and a reintroduction."[74] Rolling Stone noted the deeper voice and more intense beats found on the album, although it lampooned one of his euphemisms for newfound sexual maturity.[75] Believe debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, becoming his fourth number-one album.[76][77][78] The album sold 57,000 copies in its first week in Canada, debuting atop the Canadian Albums Chart.[79]

The Believe Tour, which further promoted the album, began in September 2012 in Glendale, Arizona.[80][81] On December 14, 2012, Bieber appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, where he announced plans to release an acoustic album titled Believe Acoustic, which was released on January 29, 2013.[82] He stated on Twitter that he will be hosting and performing as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live some time in 2013.[83] He hosted and performed on February 9, 2013.

On March 7, 2013, Bieber fainted backstage at London's O2 Arena after complaining of breathing problems throughout his performance and was taken to the hospital.[84][85] Bieber cancelled his second Lisbon, Portugal concert at the Pavilhão Atlântico, which was to be held on March 12, due to low ticket sales. The concert on March 11 went on.[86] In mid-August 2013, a remixed duet version of Michael Jackson's previously unreleased song "Slave To The Rhythm", featuring Justin Bieber appeared online.[87] Later, a song titled "Twerk" by rapper Lil Twist, featuring Bieber as well as Miley Cyrus, also leaked.[88]

On October 3, 2013, Bieber announced that he would release a new song every Monday for 10 weeks as a lead-up to the film Justin Bieber's Believe, which entered production in 2012 and was released on December 25, 2013. The film is a follow-up to Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, and Jon M. Chu returned to direct.[89][90][91][92] The first song of Music Mondays, "Heartbreaker", was released on October 7. The second song, "All That Matters", was released on October 14, followed by "Hold Tight" on October 21, "Recovery" on October 28, "Bad Day" on November 4, and "All Bad" on November 11. The seventh song, "PYD" featuring R. Kelly, was released on November 18; it was followed by "Roller Coaster" on November 25, and "Change Me" on December 2. The final song, "Confident" featuring Chance The Rapper, was released on December 9, 2013. That same day, it was announced that all 10 tracks will be featured on an upcoming collection called Journals. It will reportedly feature five additional unreleased songs, a music video for "All That Matters", and a trailer for Believe. Journals will only be available for purchase via iTunes for a limited time only: from December 23, 2013 to January 9, 2014. The titles of the five new additional songs are: "One Life", "Backpack" featuring Lil Wayne, "What's Hatinin" featuring Future, "Swap It Out", and "Memphis" featuring Big Sean and Diplo.[93]

On December 24, 2013, Bieber said on Twitter that he is "officially retiring". However his management team subsequently released a statement saying "he was kidding."[94][95]
Style, image and fans

According to Jan Hoffman of The New York Times, part of Bieber's appeal stems from his YouTube channel. Long before he released his EP, My World, in mid-November, the YouTube videos attracted millions of views.[18] Braun recognized the appeal. Before flying him to Atlanta, Braun wanted to "build him up more on YouTube first" and had Bieber record more home videos for the channel. "I said: 'Justin, sing like there’s no one in the room. But let's not use expensive cameras.' We'll give it to kids, let them do the work, so that they feel like it's theirs", recalled Braun.[18] Bieber continues to upload videos to the same channel and has opened a Twitter account, from which he interacts with fans regularly;[9] his account was reported in November 2010 to have more than six million followers.[96] Since then he has been consistently gaining followers at an average of 24,000 per day.[97] The accounts also serve marketing purposes; for example, Bieber's music video for "One Time" only began selling quickly after it was uploaded to YouTube.[98]
Bieber performing "Favorite Girl" in Zurich, Switzerland April 2011.

Usher comments that while he and Bieber were both signed at the same age, "I had the chance to ramp up my success, where this has happened to Bieber abruptly." As a result, Usher, Braun, Bieber's bodyguard Kenny, and other adults surrounding Bieber constantly coach him on handling fame and his public image.[18] After signing Bieber, Usher appointed one of his former assistants, Ryan Good, to be Bieber's road manager and stylist. Good, once nicknamed Bieber's "swagger coach", created a "streetwise look" for the singer which consisted of baseball caps, hoodies, dog chains and flashy sneakers. Amy Kaufman of The Los Angeles Times comments, "Though a product of a middle-class suburban upbringing in Stratford, Ontario, Bieber's manner of dress and speech ("Wassup man, how you doin'?" or "It's like, you know, whateva' ") suggest he's mimicking his favorite rappers."[99]

Bieber is often featured in teen magazines such as Tiger Beat,[18] and has been labeled as a "teen heartthrob".[100] Wax statues of Bieber are on display at Madame Tussauds wax museums in New York, Amsterdam and London.[101] His change of hairstyle in 2010, and the consequent alterations to Bieber products, led to it being called 'the most expensive musical haircut of all time;[102] one company spent $100,000 to fix its dolls for the 2011 Christmas season.[103]

In 2010, Bieber was consistently criticized for looking and sounding younger than his age,[104] and the following year for his androgynous appearance, which has been frequently noted in the media, including when he appeared on the cover of LOVE magazine's androgyny issue in 2011.[105] His teen-pop music, image (especially as a heart-throb to young teenage girls), and the media attention he receives have additionally been criticized,[104] and he has been a frequent target of Internet bloggers and message board posters, notably by users of Internet message board 4chan and users of YouTube.[106] Nick Collins of The Daily Telegraph speculated that "Bieber's character appears to strike a particularly sour note with his Internet critics" and that they have also questioned his manner of speech.[104]

Some of his fanbase are known as "Beliebers", which the Chicago Tribune included as one of the top buzzwords of 2010.[107] The early Bieber fanbase developed on YouTube, and predated the release of Bieber's first album.[108][109] Bieber's popularity is a result of the Internet, with a large segment of the fan community actively continuing to use it to communicate with their fellow fans.[108] [110] Bieber's management team makes an effort to mobilize and coordinate Bieber's fans into taking actions related to Bieber.[111]
Personal life

Bieber is a practicing Christian, and has said he believes he has a relationship with Jesus, that he talks to him and that "he's the reason I'm here".[112][113]

In September 2012, Bieber vomited on stage while performing a concert in Arizona. The incident was captured on video and spread quickly around the internet. He blamed drinking milk for the incident, stating on his Twitter, "Milk was a bad choice!"[114] His mentor, Usher, has urged Bieber to follow him in a vegan diet for health reasons. He stated that this is because he wants Bieber to have more energy while on tour.[115]

Bieber made comments in a February 2011 interview to Rolling Stone.[116] With regard to sexual abstinence during the interview, Bieber responded, "I don't think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them." He added that he does not "believe in abortion" and that it is "like killing a baby".[117] He described sexual orientation as "everyone's own decision,"[118] and has contributed to the It Gets Better Project,[119] which aims to prevent suicide among LGBT youth.[120]

Currently residing in the United States on an O-1 visa,[121] Bieber has said he is not interested in obtaining U.S. citizenship and has criticized America's health care system. Praising Canada as being "the best country in the world", he cited its health care system as a model example.[117]

Bieber says the Jewish prayer Shema Yisrael and performs other Jewish customs before every show he gives.[122][123][124]

Bieber started dating actress and singer Selena Gomez in December 2010. They confirmed their relationship while attending the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in February 2011.[125][126][127][128][129] In early November 2012, it was reported that Bieber and Gomez had ended their relationship after approximately two years of dating.[130][131] The couple reconciled later that month.[132] However, in January 2013, it was reported that they had broken up again.[133]

On January 23, 2014, Bieber was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida, on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol, marijuana and prescription drugs, drag racing, and for resisting arrest without violence.[134][135] According to police, Bieber was driving a Lamborghini and R&B singer Khalil, who was also arrested, was driving a Ferrari.[136] He was released on a $2500 bond.[137] Prior to his arrest for this incident, Bieber has had several run-ins with the law around the world.[138][139]
Other ventures
Endorsements

Aside from his career as a musician, Bieber ventured into the business world by becoming a venture capitalist and technology investor. Bieber made his first startup investment in 2009. Since then, he has been quietly investing millions in a dozen small technology company startups that include Stamped, Spotify, and game-for-good company SoJo Studios. He has said that he isn't going to invest in something he doesn't like, as he has to believe in the product.[140][141]
Philanthropy

Bieber supports Pencils of Promise,[142] a charity founded by Adam Braun, the younger brother of Bieber's manager. The organization builds schools in developing countries, and Bieber became manager for the organization's campaign in Guatemala. He has served as a celebrity spokesman for the organization[143] by running ads for the charity and its campaign "Schools4All",[144][145] and promising to visit schools that donate the most funds to the organization.[146][147] He takes part in the charity's fund-raising galas and donates parts of proceeds of his concerts and line of fragrances "Someday"[148] and various merchandising to the charity.

Bieber appeared in an animal welfare PSA for PETA encouraging people to volunteer at and adopt from animal shelters instead of buying pets from breeders or pet stores.[149] Bieber had adopted a papillon named Sam from a shelter.
Twitter

As of December 2013, Bieber's Twitter account (@justinbieber) is the second most followed handle (behind Katy Perry), with almost 48 million subscribers to Bieber's feed.[150] His account acquires one new follower every two seconds.[151][152][153] His popularity on Twitter at one point accounted for three percent of all Twitter-related traffic, with a Twitter employee commenting that "racks of servers are dedicated" to Bieber.[154] This resulted in over 180 million page views for the service each month.[155] Bieber was frequently a trending topic on Twitter when the feature first launched[155] because his fans frequently discussed him on the network,[156] and he was named the top trending star on Twitter in 2010;[157] Klout gave his account a score of 100.[158][159] In April 2013, the social media analysis company Socialbakers concluded that 16.7 million of Bieber's 37 million Twitter followers are not genuine.[160][161][162]

The size of Bieber and Lady Gaga's follower bases are cited as a reason why marketers should pay attention to Twitter,[163] due to their ability to reach millions of people with a single tweet.[163] 8.3% of tweets mentioning "bieber" were semi-automated and probably Twitter-related spam.[164] Research done about Twitter and the 2011 Egyptian revolution includes Bieber as he made tweets about the topic at a time when he had roughly 8 million followers. His multiple tweets resulted in 32,000 responses each, which made Bieber's Twitter account one of the single largest nodes for discussion about the uprising on Twitter.[165]
Discography
Main article: Justin Bieber discography

My World 2.0 (2010)
Under the Mistletoe (2011)
Believe (2012)

Tours

2010–11: My World Tour
2012–13: Believe Tour

Filmography
Film and television
Year Title Role Notes
2010 Cubed Pizzi's Best Friend TV series (1 episode)
2010–2011 CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Jason McCann TV series (2 episodes: "Shock Waves" and "Targets of Obsession")
2011 Justin Bieber: Never Say Never[166] Himself 3D Concert film/Biopic
2012 Katy Perry: Part of Me Cameo[167]
Zendaya: Behind the Scenes
2013 Justin Bieber's Believe Concert film/Biopic
Guest appearances
Year Title Role Notes
2009 True Jackson, VP Himself TV series (1 episode); TV and acting debut
My Date With... Guest star
2010 Silent Library TV series (1 episode)
School Gyrls Cameo
Saturday Night Live Performer Season 35, episode 18
American Idol Season 9, episode 40
Hubworld Guest star Season 1, episode 1
The X Factor UK Performer Season 7, week 8
2011 Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Guest star[168]
Khloé & Lamar Himself (uncredited) TV series (1 episode: "The Father in Law")
Dancing with the Stars Performer Week 7 Result Show
So Random! Himself
Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade Guest star Performed at Walt Disney World Resort
The X Factor UK Performer Series 8, week 9
The X Factor USA Season 1, Week 9, Final
2012 Punk'd Punker TV series (1 episode: "Taylor Swift, Rob Dyrdek, Sean Kingston")
Ridiculousness Himself Season 2, episode 1
Dancing with the Stars Performer Week 1 Result Show
Make Your Mark: Shake It Up Dance Off 2012 Guest
2013 Saturday Night Live Himself Host and musical guest Season 38, Episode 13 (February 9, 2013)
The Simpsons Cameo, voice role[169]
Awards
Main article: List of awards and nominations received by Justin Bieber

On November 23, 2012, Bieber was presented with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Prime Minister of Canada, Stephen Harper.[170] In 2013, Bieber received a Diamond award from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) to recognize his single "Baby" as the highest-certified digital song of all time, but later it was replaced by Gangnam Style of Psy, leaving Justin without any Diamond Award.[
2023 Calloway C8 SC (on order) :jsmile
1986 Malcom Konner CTTC :cool
:hi :help :h6
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Been to South Beach Tow...

Digspeed
8-PSI
8-PSI

Post by Digspeed »

I put this is the same category as the Kardashian sisters.
100,000 views here we come!

Fart
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the word fart itself. For information on the bodily function of passing intestinal gas (flatus) via the anus, see Flatulence. For other uses, see Fart (disambiguation).
German peasants greet the fire and brimstone from a papal bull of Pope Paul III in Martin Luther's 1545 Depictions of the Papacy

Fart is a word in the English language most commonly used in reference to flatulence. The word "fart" is generally considered unsuitable in formal situations as it may be considered vulgar or offensive. Fart can be used as a noun or a verb.[1] The immediate roots are in the Middle English words ferten, feortan or farten, kin of the Old High German word ferzan. Cognates are found in old Norse, Slavic and also Greek and Sanskrit. The word "fart" has been incorporated into the colloquial and technical speech of a number of occupations, including computing.

Contents

1 Etymology
2 Vulgarity and offensiveness
2.1 Historical examples
2.2 Modern usage
3 See also
4 References
5 Further reading
6 External links

Etymology

The English word fart is one of the oldest words in the English vocabulary. Its Indo-European origins are confirmed by the many cognate words in some other Indo-European languages: It is cognate with Greek πέρδομαι (perdomai), as well as the Latin pēdĕre, Sanskrit pardate, Avestan pərəδaiti, Italian fare un peto, French "péter", Russian пердеть (perdet') and Polish "pierd" << PIE *perd [break wind loudly] or *pezd [the same, softly], all of which mean the same thing. Like most Indo-European roots in the Germanic languages, it was altered by Grimm's law, so that Indo-European /p/ > /f/, and /d/ > /t/, as the German cognate furzen also manifests.[2][3][4][5]
Vulgarity and offensiveness
A humorous fart sign.

In certain circles the word is considered merely a common profanity with an often humorous connotation. For example, a person may be referred to as a 'fart', or an 'old fart', not necessarily depending on the person's age. This may convey the sense that a person is boring or overly fussy and be intended as an insult, mainly when used in the second or third person. For example '"he's a boring old fart!" However the word may be used as a colloquial term of endearment or in an attempt at humorous self-deprecation (e.g., in such phrases as "I know I'm just an old fart" or "you do like to fart about!"). 'Fart' is often only used as a term of endearment when the subject is personally well known to the user.

In both cases though, it tends to refer to personal habits or traits that the user considers to be a negative feature of the subject, even when it is a self-reference. For example, when concerned that a person is being overly methodical they might say 'I know I'm being an old fart', potentially to forestall negative thoughts and opinions in others. When used in an attempt to be offensive, the word is still considered vulgar, but it remains a mild example of such an insult. This usage dates back to the Medieval period, where the phrase 'not worth a fart' would be applied to an item held to be worthless.[6]
Historical examples
Treason!!! John Bull emits an explosive bout of flatulence at a poster of George III as an outraged William Pitt the Younger ticks him off. Newton's etching was probably a comment on Pitt's threat (realized the following month) to suspend habeas corpus.

The word fart in Middle English occurs in "Sumer Is Icumen In", where one sign of summer is "bucke uerteþ" (the buck farts). It appears in several of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. In "The Miller's Tale", Absolon has already been tricked into kissing Alison's buttocks when he is expecting to kiss her face. Her boyfriend Nicholas hangs his buttocks out of a window, hoping to trick Absolon into kissing his buttocks in turn and then farts in the face of his rival. In "The Summoner's Tale", the friars in the story are to receive the smell of a fart through a twelve-spoked wheel.

In the early-modern period, the word fart was not considered especially vulgar; it even surfaced in literary works. For example, Samuel Johnson's A Dictionary of the English Language, published in 1755, included the word. Johnson defined it with two poems, one by Jonathan Swift, the other by Sir John Suckling.[7][8]

Benjamin Franklin prepared an essay on the topic for the Royal Academy of Brussels in 1781 urging scientific study. In 1607, a group of Members of Parliament had written a ribald poem entitled The Parliament Fart, as a symbolic protest against the conservatism of the House of Lords and the king, James I.[9][10]
Modern usage

By the early twentieth century, the word "fart" had come to be considered rather vulgar in most English-speaking cultures. While not one of George Carlin's original seven dirty words, he noted in a later routine that the word fart, ought to be added to "the list" of words that were not acceptable (for broadcast) in any context (which have non-offensive meanings), and described television as (then) a "fart-free zone".[11] Thomas Wolfe had the phrase 'a fizzing and sulphuric fart' cut out of his 1929 work Look Homeward, Angel by his publisher. Ernest Hemingway, who had the same publisher, accepted the principle that fart could be cut, on the grounds that no one should use words only to shock.[12] The hippie movement in the 1970s saw a new definition develop, with the use of fart as a personal noun, to describe a 'detestable person, or someone of small stature or limited mental capacity', gaining wider and more open usage as a result.[13]

Rhyming slang developed the alternative form 'Raspberry Tart', later shortened to 'Raspberry', and occasionally 'Razz'. This was associated with the phrase 'blowing a raspberry'.[14] The word has become more prevalent, and now features in children's literature, such as the Walter the Farting Dog series of children's books, Robert Munsch's Good Families Don't and The Gas We Pass by Shinta Cho.

According to The Alphabet of Manliness, the assigning of blame for farting is part of a ritual of behaviour. This may involve deception and a back and forth rhyming game.[15] Derived terms include fanny fart (queef), brain fart (slang for a special kind of abnormal brain activity which results in human error while performing a repetitive task, or more generally denoting a degree of mental laxity or any task-related forgetfulness, such as forgetting how to hold a fork) and old fart.
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Digspeed, please vanish.
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Callaway Chris wrote:Been to South Beach Tow...

Anyone else been to Tremont Towing? Post up your stories!! :hi
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Callaway Chris wrote:Wow! It has to be this real, right??? :lurk:

I first saw the show a couple mos. ago and have been spreading the word - How low budget can this get :D

http://www.trutv.com/shows/operation_repo/index.html :cool:

Lou Pizarro (Main dude on Operation: Repo)
"I'm originally from the Bronx, but was raised in California in my beautiful San Fernando Valley. I worked two jobs most of my life; I was a Marine and continue to support our military. I'll be 41 on Christmas Day. I'm a good guy who loves pinball and sushi."

Q: What are three things you always bring to a repo?

A: A good attitude, a superior state of mind and pepper spray. Ha!

Q: While on the job, is each repo a hassle, or does anyone ever simply say to you, "Sure, no problem taking the car. Be my guest?"

A: Eighty percent of the repos are normal. People just give up the keys and say "Thanks. I couldn't afford it anymore." Ten percent get very upset and swear it's a mistake. And the last 10% get violent.

Q: What was the funniest thing you remember happening on the job?

A: The couple arguing about who forgot to send the payment.

What about the scariest thing?

A: I had just hooked up to a Honda Accord and the owner's boyfriend came out with five of his gangbanger friends, all with guns. One pointed a shotgun at my head another another had a semi-auto in my face. One of the guys took my keys and tried to disconnect the car from the tow truck. I started yelling to put the guns away. I left and jumped in another car I had stashed at the end of the street and went to the police station and told the cops what happened and we went back to the scene with half the station. Everyone was still there because they couldn't disconnect the car and pretty soon they were all on the ground with police weapons pointed in their faces.

Q: Who was the angriest person?

A: It had to be a six-foot-tall redheaded woman in Marina del Rey. She complied, at first, because I had the key to the car, a Mercedes. But then after I got behind the wheel she changed her mind and jumped onto my lap and started slapping me. I was trying to take off, but as I hit the gas she would step on the brake. I just turned the car off, ran down the alley and called the cops.

Q: What is the best thing about your job?

A: All the different people I get to meet; good or bad, happy or mad. And all the different cars I get to see.

Q: How did you get involved in this business?

A: In 1994 I moved to Florida and met a guy at a gas station who did repo. He asked me if I wanted a job and I started working for him that night.

Q: Is a bad economy good for your business?

A: At first, because banks and finance companies don't want to lose their assets. But then they realize it costs more to repo it and take it to the auction and try to sell it and then sue the debtor for the balance. So they try to work with the debtor. But there's always work.
Sonia Pizarro
"I am from the Bronx, but was raised by my Puerto Rican parents in California. Eight years ago my brother helped me get into the repo business."

A: A repossession order, my phone and a slim jim auto lockout tool.

Q: While on the job, is each repo a hassle, or does anyone ever simply say to you, "Sure, no problem, take the car. Be my guest?"

A: Hell no! I wish they would just hand me the key with a big smile.

Q: Describe your scariest moment on the job.

A: When Froylan and I were out trying to repo a truck, when we were unaware that the drunk at the scene was actually a lookout. He started to scream that we were trying to get into the car and the registered owner ran into the house and pulled a gun. We called the police.

Q: What was the funniest thing you ever saw on the job?

A: When a woman came out of her home and called me "A fat cow," and told us that we were not taking her car. Then she plopped her big butt on the top of the hood; she must have weighed 450 pounds! The woman was so huge that she buckled her own hood…and she was calling me "a fat cow."

Q: What's the best thing about your job?

A: The fact that I can wear any type of clothes or have any kind of tattoo. I have lots of flexibility with my time. And I can be me, without limitation.
Matt Burch
"Oh, man, I was a total screw-up. I was fired from every single job I've ever had before I became a repo man eight years ago. And now, at 47, I've got my head on straight and I'm also a certified personal trainer. I love both jobs."

Q: What are three things you should never forget while doing a repo?

A: Never take anything or anyone for granted, no matter how big or how small. Always remain alert; if you let down your guard, even just for a second, it can come back to bite you in the end. It's not about being afraid, it's about being careful.

Q: Is each repo a hassle, or does anyone ever simply say to you, "Sure, no problem. Take the car. Be my guest?"

A: It does happen every once in awhile. We show up, the guy says "I knew you were coming for it, here are the keys, let me just get my stuff out." And those are the ones that are a pleasure. If you're nice, you're calm and you're understanding about the whole thing, I can take my time and you can get all of your property out of the vehicle. But if you're gonna rant and scream, well, then I'm gonna just take your car and stick your stuff in a locker for $40 a day. But I don't like to have to do that; I go in with a cool and calm attitude, not to be a big bad guy.

A: Well, that would definitely have to be when I got shot in the groin. This young lady was upset I was repossessing her car and she shot me. The bullet entered my scrotum, just barely missed my testicles and exited the back of my ass.

A: I was repossessing this car, and the owner, a gay guy, offered to orally gratify me if I could let him go. I said, "I'm flattered, really I am, but I've gotta do my job."

Q: Based on your experience, what kind of person is most likely to get very angry? Male or female? How old? What type of car does he or she own?

A: Women, by far, are the worst to deal with, and are the most likely just to blow up. Most ladies are fine, but when they get angry, look out! They take it very personal and just start ranting, screaming and crying. Doesn't matter if it's a Mercedes SUV or a '91 Ford Aerostar.

Q: When on a repossession job, is there any place the law doesn't allow you to go? Can you, for example, go into someone's garage or climb over a fence surrounding someone's house?

A: If it's behind a locked gate or a locked garage, somewhere that can't be breached, I can't get to it. That's breaking and entering, and it's against the law. But anywhere that's in public, out in the open, I can legally come and get it. It can be at your workplace, at your mother's home or the White House lawn, and I can come and take it away.

Q: Is the bad economy good for your business?

A: Unfortunately, yes. And that leads to some heartbreaking jobs. The best repos are the guys who refused to pay the bills and are just jerks. Those are a pleasure to do. But the worst are the guys, the normal Joes that are the ones that are just trying to pay the bills and have just come up a little short. It sucks, but that's my job. If I don't do it, I lose money. So I do what I gotta do.
Froylan Tercero
"My name is Froylan Tercero but everyone calls me Froy.

"I'm 31 years old and I been in the repo business for 10 years straight, but I started repo part-time when I was only 15. I was born in Tijuana, Mexico and I came to the U.S when I was 14. My mother is Mexican and my father is from Puerto Rico.

"I'm the kind of guy who loves to smile even when I'm not having a good day. I really love to make people laugh. I don't like to fight or argue. I understand that we all have financial problems, but I still have to do my job. Some people deliver pizzas. Other people work in construction. I repossess cars and I wouldn't want to do anything else; I make my own hours, I don't have to drive in traffic, I work with a great crew whom I trust with my life and I make good money. I love this job."

Q: What are three things you always bring to a repossession?

A: First and most important, my picks, to open and start the vehicles. Secondly, a clear state of mind; if I'm calm I can do a much better job. Third is a pair of very comfortable shoes, because there can be a lot of walking and running on this job.

Q: Is each repo a hassle, or does anyone ever simply say to you, "Sure, take the car. Be my guest?"

A: I have to say that about 85% of the time it's a hassle.

A: In a very bad neighborhood, I went with my new driver to do a repo around 3am. We found ourselves surrounded by 13 armed gang members. My driver got beat up for opening his mouth at the wrong time (I had told him to let me handle the situation). The driver never came back to repo again.

A: A man in his fifties, naked, pointing his shotgun at me and telling me to get off his property.

Q: Describe the angriest person whose car you had to repossess.

A: If I had to pick one, it would have to be a very, very hot female stripper in her early twenties, who offered me a free lap dance and then offered me sex, to leave her the car. Then a cop came rolling down the street and she began slapping herself and claiming I hit her. It was good I had recorded the whole thing on a digital camera.

A: The adrenaline rush from not knowing what's going to happen next.
Lyndah Pizarro
"My father, Luis, got me into the business. I started out with office work as a summer job in high school.

"I'm going to be 20 in November. A Scorpio! I was born and raised in Southern California. I'm half Mexican, half Puerto Rican and 100% Latina.

"I am easy going and open-minded. I live life by my own standards. I love my family. I am always on the go. And like most girls, I live to shop. I love the simple (but nice) things in life: stars, mountains and...shoes!"

Q: What are the circumstances in which you're hired to reposes a car?

A: We are hired when people become delinquent on their car payments.

A: I always bring my cell phone and lip gloss. Ha! A repo order and some form of defense against anyone who can (and most likely will) become violent. And the repo truck. You can't do a repo without a truck.

Q: Describe the angriest person whose car you had to repossess.

A: They are all angry. The women are the worst, especially ones who go for my hair. That [makes me angry]. It hurts! But when you are in the moment you don't feel it.

A: Aside from a paycheck? Working with Daddy.
worthy repeat of Chris' original post. 100,000 views here we come!
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

WHY ARE YOU WASTING YOUR TIME LOOKING AT THIS THREAD AND SPECIFICALLY THIS POST?

DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO RIGHT NOW?

THANKS FOR VISITING AND ONWARD TO 100,000 VIEWS!

NOW BEAT IT.... :fu2
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

kingforward wrote:Operation Repo, the movie...

http://answerparty.com/question/answer/ ... e-come-out

Said 2009, did we miss it?

Lou was on TMZ a few weeks ago, and was shown as his new self, losing about 200 lbs. Didn't look the same!!
Digspeed
8-PSI
8-PSI

Post by Digspeed »

Here it is! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1235844/?ref_=nm_knf_t4
Callaway Chris wrote:
kingforward wrote:Operation Repo, the movie...

http://answerparty.com/question/answer/ ... e-come-out

Said 2009, did we miss it?

Lou was on TMZ a few weeks ago, and was shown as his new self, losing about 200 lbs. Didn't look the same!!
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

Wow, there was a movie, for real?

And Joey Buttafuoco was in the movie? :wtf

Anyways, looks like this topic is heading 100,000 views. Who actually reads this stuff?
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Anyways, looks like this topic is heading 100,000 views. Who actually reads this stuff?
me. :help
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

100,000+ Views! Congratulations everybody!!

:bs :bday4 :screwed :lol2
Callaway Chris
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by Callaway Chris »

What ever happened to the movie?
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

150,000+ page views...thanks for looking. :bs
*89x2*
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by *89x2* »

kingforward wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 am 150,000+ page views...thanks for looking. :bs

Over 250,000 views. What is the credit for its continued popularity? :joker
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

A better question; “How can we monetize these 250,000 idiotic views?”. :help
kingforward
VIP COG Brother
VIP COG Brother

Post by kingforward »

Any career updates on Operation Repo cast? :h6 :h6 :puke1 :puke1
Never_Lift
7-PSI
7-PSI

Post by Never_Lift »

kingforward wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:42 am Any career updates on Operation Repo cast? :h6 :h6 :puke1 :puke1

Living life in syndication